Assembly Instructions: Will Rogers Tall Bed
BEFORE WE GET STARTED
- Two-person job
- If bed is being assembled on a hard surface, use a blanket or something soft to lay out the pieces.
- Work with clean hands.
- Rubber mallet with wooden block + padding.
- Two support blocks/spacers (Approximately 6")
Number of pieces:
- Right Side Rail (Will Rogers #1) - Qty: 1
- Left Side Rail (Will Rogers #2) - Qty: 1
- Slats (Will Rogers #3) - Qty: 4
- Footboard (Will Rogers #4) - Qty: 1
- Headboard (Will Rogers #5) - Qty: 1
- Support Boards (No label) - Qty: 2
Illustration of Pieces
LET'S DO THIS!
Step 1: Attach the left and right rails to the headboard.
- Working together with another person, locate the headboard. Labeled 'Will Rogers #5'.
- Place the headboard up against the wall in the area you are going to install the bed.
- Locate the right siderail labeled 'Will Rogers #1'. Line it up with the notches on the headboard with the slots for the wooden slats facing in.
- Using a 6" block or stack of books for support at the opposite end of the rail, have one person steady the headboard as the other notches the rail to the headboard. The person holding the headboard in place may need to apply pressure to the back side bottom area of the headboard to keep it from sliding away as the notches are latched.
- When the rail is attached to the headboard, gently use the rubber mallet to secure it with 3 or 4 firm strikes. Final securing will take place after all four points are secured. Be sure to use the wooden block provided with the padding side facing down to avoid damaging the rail with the mallet.
- Leaving the right rail propped up with the block for support, locate the side rail labeled 'Will Rogers #2' and repeat the process.
Step 2: Connect the side rails to the footboard
- Locate the footboard. It is labeled 'Will Rogers #4'.
- Working together with the other person, move the footboard to the bottom edge of the side rails. Make sure the female slot of the footboard is facing the male metal hooked notch of the rail.
- Working one rail at a time - line up the male and female connector. Then lift the rail up slightly. Slide the rail towards the footboard while applying pressure to the bottom edge of the footboard so that it doesn't slide away and lock the two pieces together.
- Give the side rail 3 or 4 firm strikes with the rubber mallet using the wooden block and padding as protection. Remove the support block.
- Repeat this with the remaining side rail to complete connecting the left and right side rails to the head and footboard.
- Once all four points have been latched together give the four corners of the bed a final pass with the rubber mallet and protective block and padding. Do not hammer into the rail without something to absorb the blow to avoid damaging the wood.
Step 3: Place the wooden slats in the frame
- Locate the wooden slats. They are labeled 'Will Rogers #3'.
- Place the 4 wooden slats, one at a time, in the slots notched into the side rail so that the top side is flat, and the bottom side has the legs touching the ground.
Step 4: Place the support boards on the wooden slats
- After the slats have been placed within the frame, find your 2 support boards.
- Place the support board with the handle on the left edge of the board on the left side of the bed.
- Place the support board with the handle on the right side of the board on the right side of the bed.
- Working one at a time, lift the support board up by the handle. Place the opposite edge near the center of the slats first, rest it upon the slats, then gently lower the handle side of the board to the slats.
- Adjust the placement of the board so that it is flush to the rail.
- Repeat this process with the other support board.
- At the end of step four, the bed should look like the illustration below.
ASSEMBLY IS DONE!
Step 5: Final Touches!
- Place your mattress directly on the support boards.
- Dress it up with your bedding and pillows.
- Take a picture so that the world can bask in your glory.
- If you are a white glove service or installing for a client - send us a pic of the final installation for the records and final confirmation of a job well done! - firstname.lastname@example.org